Our comprehensive travel insurance gives your client confidence wherever in the world their travel takes them.
What is high value travel insurance?
High-value travel insurance covers individuals and families against the cost of cancelled travel plans, curtailment, and the cost of receiving medical treatment in a foreign country should a policyholder fall ill or get injured. The policy will cover all worldwide destinations, subject to FCO approval, with a maximum trip length per trip of 90 days.
High value travel insurance offers much higher coverage thresholds than standard travel insurance policies. These types of policies cover longer or more expensive trips than a standard travel insurance policy, and policy holders may be traveling to exotic locations on first class travel to 5-star luxury resorts. These are trips where coverage can extend to £15,000 per individual, but they could also be trips with complex insurance requirements, such as adventure sport holidays.
What does high-value travel insurance cover?
- Unlimited number of trips up to 90 days long
- Medical expenses up to £10,000,000
- Coverage up to £15,000 per person for holiday cancellations
- Coverage for a wide range of winter and adventure sports
- Stranded passenger service; providing access to a global network of executive lounges if your flight is delayed by more than two hours
- Access to online 360 assistance service; providing up-to-date information on local security, political and safety information to help you better prepare for your trip
- Emergency medical assistance from specialists to help you 24/7 wherever you are in the world
What is not covered by high value travel insurance?
High value travel insurance is designed to be as flexible as possible. However, there are some exclusions from this type of cover, including:
- Trips longer than 90 days in length
- Certain pre-existing conditions – At Brit, we aim to be as flexible as possible when it comes to travelling with pre-existing conditions and can provide cover for most. Talk to us about your client’s requirements and we will work together to find a suitable policy.
Most conditions can be met with a Brit policy. Our team of expert underwriters are ready to work with you to provide the right solution for your client.
Who’s is eligible for high value travel insurance?
At Brit, there is no minimum threshold for travel insurance, our policies are offered as an optional add-on to our Private Client Home Insurance policies.
Unfortunately, we do not offer a stand-alone travel product, but for policy holders of our home insurance product, high value travel insurance can offer extra peace of mind.
How do I find the right cover for me or my client?
At Brit, we take the time to understand what your clients’ needs are, so we can help you deliver the best solution for them. Our ethos is rooted in service and excellence in everything we do.
Complex travel requirements are no different but will only be available in unison with our home insurance policies.
We’re always working to ensure a flexible approach to travel cover, and as such, clear communication and partnership are key components to this approach. We’ll take time to make sure each of your client’s specific travel needs are covered alongside any home coverage they have already taken out.
If you would like more information and an in-depth chat on what we can offer, please contact our private client team.