We have an important role in fighting climate change, and we believe firmly that insurance is a social good.
There are five parts to our ESG strategy:
- Working with our clients and business partners to understand and mitigate the impact of climate change
- Putting the environment at the centre of our investments and underwriting strategy
- Transitioning to be a net-zero business
- Ensuring we manage the risks to Brit
- Placing inclusion & diversity at the heart of everything we do
We are committed to responsible business practices. Our ESG Committee, comprising members of our senior management team, oversees our approach, and reports directly to our Executive Committee.
We recognise that we’re most effective by acting alongside others in our industry, which is why we’re active members of ClimateWise and IcebreakerOne. We’re also taking part in ESG initiatives within the Lloyd’s market and the Fairfax group.