As a Senior Data Engineer, the role holder will be responsible for operating within a team of data engineers
that build and run the core components of an effective Azure Data Lake platform; encompassing key services such as Azure Blob Storage, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Data Warehousing and PowerBI for end-user data analytics and reporting. This role will play a senior role in the continuous utilisation, expansion, and refinement of these services, as well as the development of critical data models - capable of meeting a wide range of financial and underwriting reporting/analytics needs. This role will encompass a mix of data engineering and BI development skills, as well as an expectation for the role holder to contribute to technical strategy development; supporting Brit to continue its journey to develop its data platform on next-generation technology.
As a Senior Data Engineer, the role holder will;
- Design, develop, and hold accountability for core data engineering services, such as data
orchestration and CICD pipelines
- Design and develop ETL/ELT processes, data lake architecture, data warehouse databases, data marts, cubes, reports and dashboards; in-line with company reporting strategy and best practise
- Design and develop models and databases both relational and dimensional to support reporting requirements.
- Create reporting solutions in line with standards, architectural principles and practices
- Assess change impact assessment on live systems and processes
- Work in an agile, proactive manner; delivering high quality solutions in agreed timescales
- Mentor and support junior data engineers/developers in the team